I find it really strange that when you’re in a long distance friendship or relationship all you want to do is see that person and being around them is the biggest most wonderful deal but there are people who interact with them
all the time, on the street and in the classroom and in the shops and it always makes me jealous because you want to be with this person so much and for everyone else they’re nothing special but for you they’re everything special
leans in close
looks intently at you
holds your face
couple cosplay with me
(Marginalised Orientations, Gender Alignments, and Intersex)
- a blanket term referring to everyone who isn’t a dyadic cisgender heterosexual and heteroromantic person.
- it’s shorter, more inclusive and easier to pronounce than LGBTQIAP+
- not a slur like “queer”
- doesn’t have a history of including dyadic cishet kinksters, paedophiles, or rapists like GSRM (Gender, Sexual and Romantic Minorities)
- doesn’t include dyadic cishet women while excluding binary trans men like MOGII (Marginalised Orientations, Gender Identities, and Intersex)
- Allies can’t take the “A”, because “Marginalised Orientations, Gender Allies, and Intersex” wouldn’t make the least bit of sense
chantelle winnie for Ashish S/S 2015 - London Fashion Week
i am here for this indian designer putting all black and colored models on his runway
Scotland has been building up to voting on whether they should become Independent from the United Kingdom since 2012, the Idea’s been in the works since the ’50s. Yes voters want to be independent, No voters want to stay in the UK.
The parties backing Yes are the snp, the greens and the socialists, the parties backing No (also known as better together or no thanks) are the tories, labour, lib dems aka the big 3 of shittery
reasons scotland would want independence
- our votes literally don’t count seriously like in a mentaphor you guys would understand it would be as though our entire country voted democrat but the republicans still got into government because the uk is heavily imbalanced
- literally the population of the whole of scotland = the population of london.
- don’t want to be a part of illegal wars
- the maj. of scotland has a socialist sentiment so you could argue we don’t want to be associated w the capitalist uk
- england has been storing their nuclear weapons here for years, making us a target for attack, because they dont care about scottish lives
- basically used scotland as lab rats for taxes and shitty policies so england didnt suffer
- we have free tuition which the english govt want to take away
- we have free healthcare but westminster wants to privatise it which will badly affect scotland as the poorest nation
during the run up to the independence referendum, (referred to as #indyref for shorthand, &please use the indyref tag to talk abt these issues) the yes campaign released hugely detailed plans for an Independent Scotland, the no side produced nothing but scaremongering and outright lies about mysterious ‘new powers’ scotland would get if we stayed in the uk.
There were huge debates which took ages and i cba hashing out again but basically Yes had a more vocal support.
on the 18th sept we all voted and last night/this morning the results came in as an overwhelming result for No. this is bad as it means scotland is stuck in the racist, imperialist uk which supports illegal wars and looks like it’s going to be run by fascists by the next general election. here’s what happened in the horus following this morning;s announcement
- alex salmond, 1st minister & supporter of independence, resigns
- 'new powers' vanishing into thin air as ed miliband says he won;t sign off of them
- evidence of rigged votes in favour of the no side
- no voters who won the referendum rioting in glasgow, burn the scottish flag
- live feed to glasgow tho it looks quiet in george square atm, violence has taken to the streets
- more on ggow
i don’t know much more yet because this is the first day since the vote + i had no sleep after watching the results till 7am so i’ll be periodically reblogging more stuff as it unfolds. followers in west lothian and glasgow keep safe and maybe hide or obscure your yes flags/stickers to keep yourself safe
basically a lot of uncertainty, people have been literally stabbed and businesses burned down. keep an eye on the indyref and scotland tags + my blog if you want to know the latest. scotland’s time zone is UTC+0.
So I went to see The Boxtrolls today having been very excited about all of the publicity, the general theme of the film, and all of the posters I saw of what appeared to be same gender families.
I left the cinema in tears because of it. It’s very transmisogynist. I do not advise anyone, especially trans women, to see this film. I’ll explain why below.
TW FOR THE CONTENT BELOW. It contains spoilers and descriptions of transmisogyny.
if you have someone in your life who genuinely cares about how your day went, and listens fully to the fucked up shit that goes on in your mind, and answers your texts or calls you back, and lets you know you’re important to them and/or generally makes you feel cared for, you’re really fucking lucky and i hope you tell this person you appreciate them and i hope if they treat you right and make you feel safe and loved, you hold onto them really tight.
Protect trans and nonbinary lesbians at all costs.
if anyone wants to know why trans and nonbinary lesbians need protecting, just look at this post. It only has a few notes and one of them is someone saying nonbinary people can’t be lesbians.
Trans and nonbinary lesbians are always ignored, always thrown under the bus, and always invalidated. Protect them. At all costs.
feelin the paint today, this is supposed to be yogscast fanart of zoeya but tbh it doesnt look like her so i wont tag it lmfao